Monday, June 13, 2011

Every Blessing
impressionist Louisiana landscape painting
colorist sunny trees illustration
romantic southern landscape art
Louisiana daily artist

SOLD

Every Blessing © 2011 Karen Mathison Schmidt
30 x 40 x 2 inches • oil on 2" cradled Gessobord
SOLD • private collection, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I posted this one some time ago, and I had it in my studio where I could see it every day. After a while I decided it wasn’t really finished after all, so I took it out of circulation, but just kept kind of studying it off and on. Well, today I finally tackled it, changing it just a little, adding some texture, brightening some of the colors and changing some tree shapes, and NOW it feels much more complete to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post as I do much the same with my paintings. Sometimes they change altogether, but usually I know something needs to be done. Part of the learning process for me and I like the layers and changes of colours. This is quite a big painting you have done here. The colours are vibrant and bold. Good luck and happy painting.